The economy has been struggling for a long time since December 2007 and despite many hopes, it is not spiralling upwards. As small business owners, we are all feeling the economic pain. So what can we do to survive this tough period? Apart from reviewing your business expenses, increasing your working hours, offering more discounts and sales, one of the key areas which tend to be overlooked is your internet resources. How can you harness the power of the internet to help boost your business? Here are some tips to help in planning your strategies:-
SMO (Social Media Optimization)
- According to Jeff Meundel, natural search analyst for Netconcepts, said, “If you are not using Social Media optimization, your competition certainly is!”
- Think about how you can incorporate SMO into a company’s marketing tactics for today’s business world.
- Examples of social media – Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube
- How long since you have had your website re-designed?
- Is the information on your website up to date to reflect your business changes?
- Do you have a compelling website that shines above your competitors?
- Is your website catering to the needs of your users?
- Do you have a company blog to engage with your customers that help build relationships?
- Does your website include any call to action strategy?
SEO(Search Engine Optimization)
- Can you be found online?
- Does your website have content favored not only by humans but also search engines?
- Do you use local business listing such as Google Places?
If you have any questions or queries, don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to answer your questions.